Wednesday, November 24, 2010

10 Reasons to be thankful 2010


Thanksgiving 2010

  1. I am thankful that I get to host my family for Thanksgiving-not only my side but my in-laws come as well.  It is so nice that both sides mingle so well!
  2. I am thankful that my kids get to experience some of the same Thanksgiving traditions that I had growing up.
  3. I am thankful that I have the "know-how" to fix a turkey, a ham, and homemade yeast rolls.
  4. I am thankful that although we will be missing my baby sister Pam, Jay, and Mr. Lincoln and Chad's sister Alicia, Jerry, Alayna, Jared, and Jaden that they have each other to celebrate this holiday with as their "own" family.
  5. I am thankful that God will be part of the day (as always) but one of my favorite parts of our noon meal is the bowing of heads before the food is scooped onto plates. 
  6. I am thankful that I remembered to get the turkey and ham out of the chest freezer!
  7. I am thankful that once all the tummies get full, we all sit around and visit.  I don't host my whole family very often and I like having them sit around my living room.  I used to care about every stitch of the carpet being clean, but now I just want everyone there.
  8. I am thankful for the rainy forecast.  The conditions have been too dry around here.  There are families that lost their homes to fires this year and we still get to celebrate in our home.
  9. I am thankful to see my nieces and nephews! 
  10. I am thankful that Mom will still be part of my Thanksgiving.  She is never very far away.  I am thankful that I still "feel" her presence even if it is when she is reminding me that everything doesn't have to perfect for everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 
Remember to count your blessings!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Love this list!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Wish we could be there...but we'll be home for Christmas!! I'm still bummed it's not a surprise, but I guess it's good that I can't lie to my Mom still!! ;) love you and glad you had a good day!