Wednesday, July 30, 2008

School Registration

Well, I did it! I signed Clay up for Kindergarten (as well as Britt for 2nd grade). He doesn't seem to be showing any anxiety BUT the other day while riding in the car he said to Britt...

Clay: Hey sis.
Britt: What?
Clay: I think I may be nervous about going to school.
Britt: Clay, it will be so much fun you won't want to come home!
(I was doing great listening, thinking wow what a nice big sister to reassure him, then she told him he won't want to come home to ME!!!! I never said a word just listened to their conversation)
Clay: Will I see you?
Britt: Sometimes but you will be busy anyway.
Then a song came on the radio and the "talk" was over!

It is crazy that both of my kids will be in all day school, but I do feel like Clay is ready and that makes it easier for me. I make it possible on the 1st day of school to take my kids to school. I have seen the tons of Moms crying as they drop their kids off and the tons of kids crying that they want their Mommies. I have always gone by the philosophy that kids look to you to see how they should react so I try to keep my emotions in check. With Britt I was a mess, I dropped her at her classroom and as I was walking away the lump in my throat got bigger and bigger. My dear friend Stacey called my cell phone just as I was getting into the car! Perfect timing!!!! I still shed some tears but I am pretty sure Stac shed some tears too! Always nice to have a friend to cry with!!! Love you Stac!
So as the 1st day of school approaches (Aug 12th) I will have to psych myself up again and hold my tears until my back is turned! For you Moms that haven't experienced this yet, I can honestly say "cutting the apron strings" hurts!!!

2 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Hi! I am a high school friend of Stacey and Jill's and checked out your blog through thier blogs! Anyway, I had to comment about your recent post because I have thought about this so much lately. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I am not sending the 3 year old to preschool next year just because I am a former teacher and I think she gets quite a bit at home, however, the following year she will go to preschool. The point of all of this is that I had to tell you I am already dreading THAT let along her going to KINDERGARTEN!! I keep saying to my husband, "do you realize that next year is that last year Eva and Jaden will both be home all day together?" It makes me so sad!!!

Welcome to the blogging world! So happy to have you around!!

Jamie
www.theblissfullyhappyhousewife.blogspot.com

pampeggs said...

Love the posting.... and the blog. You are doing great! Miss you tons, and the kids too! Hope Madi, Clay and Brit are still getting along. :)