Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Memories of Mom 7.14.10

This is a picture of my Mom & Brittany from Spring 2006.  I love this picture (thanks Pam!) but man, 4 years sure makes a difference in children.  Look how little Brittany is!  Mom passed away 4 years ago today, I know, I already said that but maybe if I keep saying it, it will be easier to grasp.  I cannot believe I haven't heard her voice in 4 years, I cannot believe I haven't received any motherly advice from her for 4 years, I cannot believe I haven't felt my Mom's arms around me in 4 years.  I could keep going and going and going.  I think about Mom daily, but I really think about Mom when the family gets together.  She would have loved getting to know Morgan, she would have loved seeing Kennedy, Lincoln and Drew born.  She would have loved having 4 "local" grandkids.  She would have loved to watch Brittany turn into a beautiful young lady.  She would have loved hearing all about Clay's 1st golf experience.  I miss you, Mom!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Praying for you today! Your mom had a great smile!

Joy said...

Thinking of you, Susie, and of my cousins who just lost their mom. You helped me think of some things from their perspective. Thanks!

Mom of Double A said...

Thinking of you today - I have you on my calendar on this day every year to say a quick prayer for you! Hoping your heart is full of great memories today and always.
You should make her favorite meal for dinner tonight! Love you, Jill