Saturday, October 25, 2008

Grandma Christie

To start this post off, I am warning everyone, mark this as "SAD". My grandmother (my late mother's mom) is in St Vincent Hospital. She is in very grave condition. She is having trouble with 2 bowel blockages as well as having a heart attack earlier this week. She has always been a very healthy lady; up to these last few months her only daily medicine was her asthma inhaler. This grandma is the grandma that lived for our family. My immediate family has always been a priority to her. During my childhood, Mama would take her vacations during our 4-H fair weeks so she could not only see us participate in our activities but to also to take us out on the carnival rides. To my recollection, she never rode any rides but her smile and laugh was just as big as ours were!!! She is the grandma that taught me how to play cards, boardgames, etc. She is also the grandma that would not allow us to win because that didn't teach us anything! HA! She is VERY competitive and I think that is why we are still in this waiting game. Weak is not a characteristic of this lady. She is very sick and after losing my mother just 2 short years ago I can't say this is an easy battle. I do, however, have faith and I know in my heart that God is in control. If the end of October 2008, is the time to say good bye to my dear Mama then so be it. My praying is more about Mama being painfree and at peace. Mama is 78 years old and I love her, my family loves her, my uncle loves her, my Papa loves her. She is a lucky lady and I am lucky to have her in my life. Just please pray for her and the wisdom of her drs. If this isn't the right time, we are glad to keep her around to be with us-no problem! Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us! LOVE YOU ALL!

Susie

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Susie, that is so sweet! Still praying, love you!

Beth said...

I will be praying for you, Susie. I lost my grandma last January. She was a second mother to me and I will always miss her. I pray that you will feel peace in this time. God IS in control.

Mom of Double A said...

Aren't you so thankful for all the wonderful memories you have growing up with her.
Sometimes it feels like they are going to be around forever!
Praying for you and sending hugs your way!