Monday, October 20, 2008

TLC to Earth Fundraiser 2008

This past Saturday I made plans with Amanda (high school friend) to go to the fundraiser for Tobi Lynn Coon. I have a past post asking for prayers for the family that lost their 5 month old daughter in an accident in August 2008. This fundraiser was HUGE! It started with a community garage sale then a live auction and a silent auction, then a hog roast dinner, then bands were playing, then a bonfire, then you could camp out and have a church service the following morning. The number of "helpers" running around were amazing. I was able to visit with Aaron, the baby's father, and he was so humble. I have no idea the amount of $ that was raised but this fundraiser was a success in many ways. Their ultimate goal is to build a eco-friendly playground which will be named Tobi Land. Although I have not lived in this community for over 10 yrs, since going to Purdue, I am very proud to say 'That's Where I Come From' (thanks for the lyrics Kenny Chesney!?!?!).

No comments: