Friday, September 18, 2009

My Kenny Chesney is not touring next year!!!!!!




As an avid Kenny Chesney fan, I have looked forward to this coming Saturday since last September (last year's concert). On 9/19/09 Britt and I will be attending the Kenny concert in Indy. It has become a mother/daughter tradition that we get down right giddy about!


Then, the announcement was made that Kenny needs some time off, needs some time to creatively reboot, and to have somewhat of a life outside of his career. As I am picking my jaw off the ground, I am telling myself, "it is fine, it is fine." I must say the last few years Kenny has sounded different during interviews, maybe even since the whole Renee Z. thing. He said he was sitting with Bruce Springsteen and Bruce put it very bluntly. As I paraphrase, Bruce told Kenny that you can write 1/2 a song, put it in a drawer for 5 years, and go back to it a it will still be there. Life isn't like that. It keeps going whether you take time to live it or not. I KNOW very compelling, right???? I must say I totally agree but I might just have a little bitterness toward Mr. Springsteen for taking away my chance to see Kenny once a year. My once a year event that is about me! Just me! My 1 day for the entire year that I let loose, that I not only sing outloud but I dance too! I DON'T do that, ever; except at Kenny concerts!!!! I feel the end of my tirade coming, so I will sum this up by saying-everyone including Kenny Chesney deserves to know and feel the happiness of coming home to a family, a spouse, maybe even children. Everyone deserves to have someone walk thru life with them and so far, Kenny hasn't had a partner to do just that with.

So, my message to Kenny is...I will be waiting to hear when you are creatively rebooted and ready to tour again. I will be waiting with my bells on (my dancing shoes too)!!!

1 comment:

Addy said...

Looks like you and Brittany will have to find another fun Mother/Daughter tradition for a bit! I can't imagine life as an entertainer. It HAS to be draining. I haven't seen Kenny in concert, but I do love all his songs!