Thursday, August 26, 2010

Football, Clay's excitement & My anxiety! 8.25.10

This is Clay's 1st football helmet.  I say 1st because I know the kid has football running in his veins instead of blood.  I know that Clay has an absolute love for the game that his Dad & his Papa Mike also have.  Clay is beyond happy to be playing tackle football this fall.  I really thought I had 1 more year to prepare myself for Clay playing tackle.  But, alas, my lovely husband was able to find a league for Clay to play in.  Clay was begging for this discovery but still, in the end it is all Chad's fault.  I didn't have anything to do with it.  Chad researched, made phone calls, took Clay to his tryout, etc.  I really thought they would look at my youngest child & say, "not this year, but maybe next year when you are a little bigger", at least that is how it went in my dreams!  I will be fine, Clay will be fine (I hope & pray!).  We went to pick up Clay's equipment last night.  The kid seriously couldn't contain his giddiness!  They put on his helmet, sized him for his shoulder pads, handed him some fball pants to slip on, gave us his pant pads, etc.  Meanwhile, Britt & I just stood there, still worrying about our little guy!  Once all the equipment was on, Clay didn't look so little anymore.  Everything fit well, so we headed to Meijer to pick up disinfecting supplies because seriously, someone else's sweat has been in this helmet, the same helmet that my child now wants to wear in the car while in his booster seat!  So, here's a picture of Clay's 1st football helmet that Clay, Daddy, & Papa Mike couldn't be prouder of!

5 comments:

Addy said...

Growing up I never understood why Mom was so nervous about my brother playing football. She loved to watch him, but still nervous! Now, as a mother, I can understand (even with 2 girls). Good luck!

Beth said...

Clay could fit right in in the Boswell family. :)

Joy said...

Please don't tell Seth where this football league is. PLEASE!

Anonymous said...

WOW...he's getting so big...but I'm more on your side then on Chad's!! He's still not big enough...but in your mind (and maybe mine) he might never be!! ;) love you all!!
side note...my word verification was colt...could that by a sign!! hehe!! just thought that was pretty funny!!! ;)

Beth said...

How 'bout those BEARS!!!