Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why I know I am not in my 20's anymore

Last night I was running errands in Kokomo. To all of you that know me, I had my "to do" list all written out-the stops I had to make and what I needed to remember to pick up. My fabulous father-in-law agreed to have the kids stay with him, which means I could go faster than I normally do!!! If I am in Walmart, you might think there was a fire somewhere or someone chasing me. I do NOT walk slowly thru the aisles. I have a purpose and that purpose is to get out of Walmart!!! I went to Menards first, they had River Rock on sale. Chad is not one for shopping so Menards/Lowes etc. are my stores more than they are his. Therefore, I am accustomed to carrying and lifting things that I buy. As I was picking up the 4 bags of rock I was beginning to sweat and pondering "just how much do these bags weigh!?!?!" Anyway the bags were in the cart and I felt like I had accomplished my feat when the cart started going toward the outdoor drain! At this point, I was useless. My cart fell over, actually fell over HARD! My Vera purse(which was unzipped) went with the cart and the contents fell out everywhere. As much as I was hating that, this spill meant I had to pick up the 4 bags of rock AGAIN!!! After looking around to see if anyone was laughing at me, I started again. I was sweating by this point, which I really don't like!!! Anyway to get to the point of "I am not in my 20's anymore", my back was hurting before I even got the bags of rock into the car! I was popping some pain killer as I was leaving the Menards parking lot! Then I went about my errands which included a race thru Walmart! I believe the combination of the pain killers and our hot tub helped but I really don't enjoy the feeling of getting older! Next time I might actually need to ask for some help!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

SUSIE! I love you! So forgive me, but I am laughing so hard!!! You are too cute!!! I would say you deserve a Handy Andy Dr Pepper and McD fries!!!