Thursday, March 12, 2009

1986 PROM at the Boswell's 3.7.09





Chad and I were invited to a 1986 themed Prom at Chip & Beth Boswell's house. 80's attire was expected and from the pics you can tell, everyone participated! Chad went the Miami Vice route with black pants and shirt covered with a pale yellow blazer. I wear a black dress with black leggings (of course!), black patent leather heels, plastic bangle bracelets, some pearls, etc. I also had TONS of make up on, to anyone that knows me I don't normally wear very much so to have blue eye liner, bright pink eye shadow, etc. was a stretch for me! My hair was put in hot curlers, teased, and put up in a banana clip! If my eyes looked slainted, it is because they are! The banana clip seriously pulled my hair SOO tight! Thanks to Tina Brumley for my styling!



The ever romantic Britt was so excited that her Daddy and Mommy were going to Prom together!



There was a ton of dramatic dancing going on with the 80's music!



The King and Queen were announced as Jason & Laura Miller! LOVE the mullet!



The "King" posed with his Elvis Presley "King" lip impression!


Kevin & Katie dancing to "Total Eclipse of the Heart".



Sally and myself striking a pose!


DJ Chip and perfect hostess Beth coordinating the tunes.


I believe this "dance off" was during "Baby Got Back".


Chip getting his groove on!


Stephanie (as the PERFECT Madonna!) and Sally posing!


This is Corey finally getting the glow sticks open!


Chip and his 80's attire-need I say more? The rainbow plastic glasses speak for themselves!





Every Madonna has to sing "Like a Virgin". Cousin Trey leading the way!






Kevin and Katie slow dancing!








I was asked how to get Chad on the dance floor. I totally sold him out and told them all they had to play was "Cotton Eyed Joe" and he would start dancing. Not only did he dance, he didn't even hesitate! TOO funny!


Thanks Chip & Beth for a very memorable evening! It was fun from the beginning-trying to get our outfits together with trips to Goodwill until the end of coming to your house!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

oh Susie! This is so great! LOVE your outfit and hair! glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

too much fun!! what a great idea!! so glad that you guys had a great night!!