Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quick Trip to Omaha Feb '09



I got the chance to go out to Omaha to help Alicia and Jerry out from 2/19 thru 2/22/09. Jerry has been very sick (the last diagnosis is ulcerated colitis) and was put in the hospital. My main goal was to help her with the kids and around the house so she could spend as much time as possible at the hospital. As with everything else, there are God's blessings to be found in every situation. I have never gotten the chance to spend alone time with Alayna and Jared, so it was nice to have close to 4 days just hanging out with them in their home environment. I was able to watch Alayna open the birthday package that I had mailed from Indiana. The photo shows her modeling that present, a gymnastics leotard (matching Nike running suit not shown). I think it is safe to say that Alayna loved her present!!! I love the pic of Alayna and Jared. She was trying to pose and Jared thought she was tickling him!!! TOO CUTE! I love my Nebraska niece and nephew! On the Jerry front, he is feeling much better and has been home from the hospital for over a week now. Thank God for family and the chance to help each other out when life hands us a tough blow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful and blessed that God put you in our family! We love you so much and I really couldn't of done it without you that weekend!! Thanks for having a willing and caring heart!!