Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break 2009 II

Part 2





Colin's swimming lessons paying off!




I was the primary picture taker during our family vacation. I don't want to "miss" a memory! I have inherited this trait from my dear Grandma Christie (who passed away Oct.2008). I am thankful that I did inherit it because I have TONS of good pics from this Spring Break. Bear with me, I just love blogging them because then I can occasionally go back and look at what we were doing and see just how big my kids are getting! Here is the 2ND round of pics! Enjoy!


We went down to John's Pass a couple of times. John's Pass is maybe a 10 minute drive from our condo-a strip of touristy shops and restaurants all set on a pier. We ate at the Friendly Fisherman more than once-Chad and I love seafood and are trying to get the kids to try new things. They tried alligator bites as an appetizer. VERY FUNNY! Britt was dead set that she was allergic to it (which she was not, she just thought too much about what she was eating). Clay liked it enough that he ordered it the next time we ate there. I had some good chilled u-peel shrimp, some really good Parmesan pasta with Maui-Maui and shrimp, coconut shrimp, etc. Chad likes fried anything so any seafood you can think of Chad had it fried.






We also ate at the Salt Rock Grill which is one of our favorites. It is a place that you know will be more expensive than the other places but the food is amazing! I got the Alaskan King Crab legs that are cut in 1/2 with a band saw which makes it so you can scoop out the meat with a fork (no cracking required). Britt got steak, Clay got a typical cheeseburger, and Chad got a 24 oz. Porterhouse steak. OBSURD! He was loving every bite, let me tell you. The 2lbs of red meat was a little too much to handle so we took some of it home. Tina got some lobster, Saundra got some crab cakes, etc. We all had very happy bellies that night. This night was also the night that we dressed cutesy (always fun!). So we took some pics of ourselves dressed in our spiffy attire.



































The guys playing poker on the balcony.



Swimming in the heated pool and chilling out in the hot tub at night.















2 comments:

Boswell said...

Looks like a great time. Don't you wish we could take a vacation about once a month!!!

Stacey said...

Love all of the pics! We remember the Salt Rock Grill! Loved it! Great family pic of you guys. Thanks for sharing your trip!