Monday, June 1, 2009

Church Quote from 5.31.09


While sitting at church on Sunday, Pastor Rob was talking about how to become a more generous person. Here is a quote from his sermon,
"You cannot help but be generous if you are compassionate."
I think that is so true! If you don't have any compassion in your heart for people in need, you will not be as likely to extend a helping hand. If you can't empathize with them, you would be more willing to look the other way.
Rob used this sermon to point out that people (sinners) only help others when we decide they are deserving whereas God reaches out to us no matter what. I hope my paraphrasing isn't totalling discounting Rob's intent for this week's message but this is how I reacted to the sermon.
Thanks for another good sermon and giving me something to ponder throughout this week!

No comments: