Thursday, July 2, 2009

UPDATE: Gma Alice

Grandma Alice passed away this morning and made her entrance into Heaven. Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts! Chad's Grandma was a very family-oriented lady. She LOVED her family.

My first memory of Alice is from the 1st Christmas I was dating Chad (1996). Chad took me to McCorkle Christmas. It is a very large group of people in a very small living room. Alice bought me a gift, which I told her was unneccessary. She informed me that anyone that comes to Christmas gets a present. That present was a blue and white striped cosmetic bag. I LOVED that bag! Being a college student at that time I was always packing it to go to my parents' house and to Chad's parents' house. I used it so much that the plastic inside liner totally ripped out. I am not too bad of a pack-rat but I am a sucker for keeping anything that holds a memory for me. Needless to say, that blue and white striped cosmetic bag is in my upstairs bathroom, where it will remain.

Thanks for all the memories Gma Alice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear about Chad's Grandma Suz, let me know when the viewing is. Love and miss you

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I like that you have very fond memories and even a keepsake!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post...you made me cry...I didn't know about the bag! love you!