Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to School Time WHAT? Where did summer go?

I seriously cannot believe that in just a few days my kiddos will be back in school. Summer is one of my fav times of the year (love the warm sunshine, tanning my skin), so it is sad that school time is here again.

Last night we went to buy all the supplies for the kids' new year, still cannot comprehend that I had to get the lists for a 1st and 3rd grader. I CANNOT comprehend how little Clay is ready for 1st grade. He is so ready to go, he has already completed 1 year of full day school, so what is the big deal about 1st grade? Not sure, but I can feel my heart strings being tugged. I am not exactly sad, just a little sentimental. Clay is such a cuddle bug! He wants to sit with you, lay with you, hug you, kiss you, etc. I, on the otherhand, am not the most affectionate person on this planet. I LOVE that he loves me, so I will take those hugs and kisses now because he is growing up so fast!

Britt on the other hand, the girl that is already counting down to when she will be driving and when she will be headed off to college. No joke, walking in Menards last night she told me she will be driving in 8 years!!! I look at her and see such a pretty young lady standing before me. Her heart is filled with compassion and kindness. She shares with me the need to talk about Nana (my mom). I have always felt the need to keep her alive in my children's memories. I would hate for them to forget her. Britt talks about her ALOT, which I love because that keeps Mom alive in me as well.

Sorry about the sappy post, but the heart strings feel better!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

great post Suz, Brit will love reading it when she is older! Love and miss ya!