Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day 4.22.10



As a parent I am trying to set a good example for my children when it comes to recycling, not littering, etc.  I am trying to instill that not only is it a choice to keep our earth clean, it is the ONLY choice!  My latest goal is for the recycling bins at our house to be twice as full as our regular trash!  I know, it may seem sad that I have made that a 'goal' but I am telling you making a conscious decision is a big part of the success!   On Earth Day I wear my TLC to Earth shirt.  I have blogged about this foundation before.  A foundation was set up to build an eco-friendly playground after a family lost a child in a steam engine accident.  The playground was built and being enjoyed by tons of children last year at my hometown's steam engine show.

My hope is that when it comes to recycling and sorting our trash that it becomes the norm that the kids automatically recycle more than just throwing something away.  If as a mom, I set the example now it will be with them for ever-a life lesson!

Happy Earth Day!  

2 comments:

Stacey said...

very cool Suz! You look so pretty! We need to be better at recycling. miss you!

Mom of Double A said...

Way to go Susie!
I loved getting caught up with all of your posts - your extended family is growing like crazy, all those grandkiddies. Your Mom's heart would be so full! I'm sure it is anyway watching down on all of you.
XOXO
Jill